Friday, July 27, 2007

Car seats....


Because Maya & Isabela are in carseats and Gabriela is in a booster car seat, it's easier for me to take Gabriela with me places, than one of the twins. It's a major hassle to take out the car seats and get them back in the van, etc. So if I do take all 3 girls with me somewhere, I just take their van. So, Maya & Isabela know that they can't go in CC's car since I don't have a car seat.....until tonight.

I went over to Ashley's tonight to get some things she's graciously allowed us to borrow in preparation for our adoption home visit. (Even though we don't know what we're getting, we still have to be prepared?! Don't get me started on this one here.....) Thankfully, she has an extra (or 2) beautiful cribs not being used, as well as an extra car seat.

The ever ingenius Maya saw me putting the car seat in my car and here's what transpired next....

Maya: "Oh, CC ~ you are taking that car seat and putting it in your car?"
CC: "Yes, Maya. Mommy's going to let CC use it."
Maya: "Ohhhhhhh reallllllllllly...." (now, you can tell by looking at her that she believes she's made an incredible discovery) ****this pic taken at Maya's b'day party is the perfect example of the look on her face as she talks to me tonight....*******
Maya: "Guess that means that you have to take me with you in your car now. You can't leave me here anymore."
CC: "Well, yes, Maya, I guess it does!"
And they say that kids don't listen to you......ha!


No comments: