Monday, July 09, 2007

Birthday party for 3 lovely girls....

It's hard to believe, but Gabriela turned 5 in June and Maya & Isabela turned 3 in July. Because their birthdays are just a few weeks apart, we had a joint birthday celebration. Here are just a few (ha!) snapshots of the day's major event!

Chinta did a wonderful job on the girls' cakes. Each of them had their very own. There was plenty of cake to go around! I don't know if you can see it or not, but the first cake was Gabriela's and Chi actually cut out a picture of Gabriela's face and hands and put them on the cake!

And the girls had so much fun blowing out their candles....

The girls are really into My Little Pony right now, so Gabriela informed me that I would be getting them the pony stuff. Gabriela had been very specific on which pony she wanted.... Yellow Pony with pink hair and a purple hairbrush! Are you kidding me?! I told Gabriela that I would do my best but that sometimes things don't always come the way you want them. She quickly replied, "CC, I'm sure that you will find it and get it for me." No pressure. I searched high and low for that particular pony and could not find it anywhere. I was actually beginning to stress out about it. I guess this is what a parent feels like at Christmas time, trying to find that one particular toy that their child wants. Well, on Gabriela's actual birthday, I called to wish her a happy birthday. She was at Nana & Dandy's and Nana gave her a small gift that day....the pony barn. Here's what Gabriela said....

"CC, you're never going to believe what Nana & Dandy gave me today?"
"What did you get, Gabriela?"
"I GOT A PONY BARN!" (please note all caps, as she was basically screaming it out in excitement).
"Wow, that's great Gabriela...I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it."
"Yep, I sure will, CC. I got the barn....now all I need is the pony!" I had to laugh ~ if she only knew how much I had gone through to get that specific pony....doesn't she know that I know that she needs that pony? ha!

Well, I finally found the pony. YES! Thank you Target store #4. The next day I head out to Ashley's to watch the girls when Gabriela says she wants to ask me about her birthday present ~ I knew the subject would come up.

G: "CC, you know, tomorrow we're having our birthday party."
C: "Yes, I know. Uncle & I will be there."
G: "Can you tell me about my present? How big is it? Is it what I've been wanting? You're getting me the pony house, right?"
C: (inside my head)....ummmmm...wait a second...pony house? Are you kidding me? Pony house???? What happened to the yellow pony with pink hair and a purple brush?! afte rmuch deliberation in my mind, I respond: "You'll just have to wait and see tomorrow."
G: "Well, I know that I asked you for the pony house before but you said you weren't going to get that for me, so just thought I'd ask now."
C: "Guess you'll just have to wait and see tomorrow."

So, what do you think CC did that night? Yep, went back to Target, returned the pony and bought Gabriela the pony house. Here's a picture of Gabriela opening up her gift from CC & Uncle.


I wish I had videotaped her reaction...it was priceless. Needless to say, she was more than excited about her house. She looked at the bag sheepishly, knowing that it was too large to have just the one pony in it. She said, "Um, CC....is this what I think it is?" She preceeded to open the bag and said, "CC, this is a pony house! A pony house! One that I've never seen before!" [apparently, she hadn't seen this particular one before, but thankfully it was approved :) ]

So help me, if Gabriela ever brings up the yellow pony with pink hair and a purple brush again....

Maya & Isabela loved Gabriela's pony barn so much that they wanted one for themselves. You can't buy just one of anything anymore....must be times 3!



Maya & Isabela loved the pony house too!


In the end, a fun time was had by all......and thankfully we have a whole year to prepare for birthdays #6, #4 and #4!


Happy Birthday Gabriela, Isabela & Maya.....we love you all so very much!





1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love the Gabriella story--she is hysterical! Her cake just cracks me up too with her cute little face on it:) I still tell people about the "get what you get and you don't throw a fit" story! They are all so precious and I just can't wait to meet them. Love ya, Jen