Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Pray for Gabriela today

"CC, I need to have a serious talk with you."

"Ok, Gabriela."

"CC, I have some horrible news."

"Uh-oh, what's wrong?"

"Wellllllllllllllll, (deep sigh) they're going to go in and cut open my ears!"

"Oh-no! Cut open your ears?"

"YESSSSS! I saw the pictures of it in the doctor's office!"

"Well, it'll be ok. You'll be asleep. You won't even know what's going on."

"I know what's going on."

"Remember, Maya had to have tubes put in her ears and she did just fine."

"Well, I'm not Maya."

"Indeed you are not" (how do you argue that?!)

Gabriela has been fighting very severe ear infections for the past year, along with tonsilitis. So today is the day. She will be going in at 11:30 this morning for tubes and possibly to have her tonsils and adenoids removed. She is extremely apprehensive about this so we would definitely appreciate your prayers.


2 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh, poor Gabriela! I will be praying today for sure. Man, your conversations with her are just priceless--write as many down as you can!! Love ya, Jen

p.s. Sammy is wearing his polo from you today and looks oh, so handsome:)
p.s.s. Shanyn gets here today to spend a couple of weeks (one week with us/one with Tim on vacation). Yay!

Court said...

Hey Jen ~ thanks for praying! I talked to her this morning and she was very serious/anxious about this morning...so I know that she'd appreciate it! (as would her mama and papi and CC, too!)

Of course, Sammy looks handsome....how could he not?! I'm glad that it fits. Hope you have fun with Shan...I know that she is going to love love love on those sweet babes! Best part of being the aunt :)