Friday, May 09, 2008

"Are you a mommy or an aunt?"

.....sweetly asked to me this evening by Gabriela, in the car.

I replied ~ what do you think?

An AUNT, she replied....and the best one ever! :)


A few minutes later, Gabriela came into the house for a minute and she met me at the door and with the most sincere look on her face, she said...

"CC, I know that you're not a mommy yet. But I know that you will be one soon. And you're gonna be a great one. You know why?"

"Why, Gabriela?"

"Because you love me so much...and because you always buy me donuts and chocolate milk."

Well, there you have it folks! From the mouths of babes :)

As Gabriela left the house, she said..."and...oh yeah, CC? .... Happy Aunt's Day!"

I sure do love that sweet girl:)



1 comment:

Jenny said...

I have to say that I agree with Gabriella--what a wonderful, wonderful mama you are going to be! What joy that day will be:) Love you, Jen