Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Friday night with Maya

Friday evening was Maya's turn to go shopping with me. She couldn't wait to get going! She is so funny :) I told her that I needed to go to Target, which of course, excited her. Not because of the great deals or fun items to be found, but because she could get an Icee and popcorn. Much to her dismay, they were all out of popcorn, but she was satisfied with the Icee. We walked around the store, where Maya was quick to point out all the items she'd loooooove to have....including a St. Patrick's Day boa. Now, I am THAT aunt that buys them something everytime we're together...but I couldn't see spending $12 on this green boa! Maya asked me to buy it for her and I told her no, not this time. Maya said: "Why not, CC? Is it too expensive?" I said, yes, it is." Maya then says, "well, then at least take my picture with it" And indeed I did. Is she a cutie, or what?!


After Target we went to Walmart ~ another favorite of the girls. We went down the Easter aisles (yes, plural) and here's a little snip-it of our conversation.

M: I love you, CC

C: I love you too, Maya

M: You know who else loves you?

C: Who?

M: Jesus loves you too!

C: Yes, he does. and he loves you too!

M: I know :)

M: You know what, CC? Easter isn't about the bunnies.

C: (laughing) it's not? What's it about?

M: Easter is about Jesus.

C: You're right and what about Jesus?

M: Well, CC, he dead.

C: Yes, Jesus died. Do you know why?

M: Because he was old.

Well, at least she's got part of it right.

Of course, I didn't have the heart to tell her that CC is older than Jesus when he died....wouldn't want to frighten her!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Seriously, how much cuter can they get?! Lucky Auntie you are, and lucky nieces for sure! Love you,Jen

Court said...

Hi Jen! Yes, I am indeed lucky :) I love my girls :) And just when I think they can't get any cuter....sure enough they do!