Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Just me and Maya


It was finally Maya's turn to go shopping with CC. I watched her gymnastics class and when finished, we wisked off on the great adventure.

First stop....TARGET. And what do you think her first request was? Classic Salazar child: ICEE and POPCORN! And classic CC response....of course :)

After a run through Target, Maya tagged along through Ulta 3, where thankfully the polish bottle that broke and spilled all over the floor was NOT caused by my darling niece. We then went to Bath & Body Works, where Maya was the officially tester of the scents. Where "yucky" was her common response. She did like the Cinnamon Stick oil fragrance, so I went with that one. Next stop...Wobby Wobby (aka Hobby Lobby), where Maya kept saying....is this glass, CC? Is that glass? Is THAT glass? Interpretation.....I know not to touch but was just curious anyway. She was engrossed in all the Christmas lights, ornaments and especially the trees. She even requested one for her room. Sadly enough, I don't believe that a 7 foot tree will fit in the girls' room.

Our final stop....Chick-a-Lafe ~ and don't say, Chick-Fil-A or you will be quickly corrected by Isabela & Maya :) We ate our small chicken nuggets (Maya eats the small nuggets, Isabela & Gabriela will only eat the big strips), had a few fries and enjoyed the "memonaid". Then away she went to the wonderful world of sliding. This time was different. Maya came back quickly saying that the boys inside were being mean, not letting any of the kids slide down the slide and were yelling at her. She was quite upset. So, I did what any aunt would do......I went in there to beat up those boys (well, not really) but I did go in and ask them to leave or play nice. These boys were probably 11 years old and honestly had no business being in there with other 3, 4, and 5 year old kids. I have no idea of where their parents were either....shocker! The boys just looked at me in disbelief and continued on their way of terrorizing the kids in the play area. I told Maya to try again, and she did; and back she was saying "I give up, CC. They're just too mean."

We shared some icecream and chatted a bit. After about 10 minutes, Maya proclaimed...."I think I'm going to give it another try, CC." Another try she did and to both of our liking, those 2 boys were gone.....and squeals of laughter were ringing through the play area again.

All in all, it was a great but somewhat tiring day. Maya is a sweetie and I look forward to many more shopping sprees together.

No comments: