Wednesday, June 11, 2008

More conversations with Gabriela

Last Friday night, I stopped by to see the girls real quick. I was surprised to see Gabriela when I walked in the house, being that she is usually working with Papi at the restaurant.

CC: "Oh hi, Gabriela, what are you doing here?"
G: "I live here, CC...what are you doing here?" ha!
CC: "Well, I just came by to say hi and to see your new rooms." (they just went through some renovations). "But, I thought you would be working tonight."
G: "No, not tonight."
CC: "Why not?"
G: "I just didn't feel like working tonight?"
CC: "Well, sometimes we have to go to work even when we don't feel like it?"
G: "Not when you're 5"

...well I guess so!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, the girls gave me a tour of their new rooms. Gabriela's walls are PINK and her new bedspread/sheets are all polka dots of pink, blue and green....very cute! She is quite proud of her room. Isabela & Maya are in their same room with a fresh coat of yellow paint and twin beds. They are more than excited to not be sharing the full size bed anymore. When I asked Gabriela about having her own room again, she said...

"It is just wonderful, CC. You just can't believe how much better I sleep. The girls were always keeping me awake with their humming, singing, talking. Ugh....It was really aggrevating. You know how I need my sleep."

Yes, we all know how much a 5 year old needs her beauty sleep.


No comments: